Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Twist on Chicken Marsala


I am going to try and give you the best recap I can of this recipe but I definitely didn't measure much so it's all an approximation. Cooking is rarely precise so I am sure you can figure it out if you decide to replicate it!

Ingredients (may want to double mushroom and onion sauce)

Grilled Chicken Tenderloins (2-3 per serving)
Portabella Mushrooms
1 large vidalia onion
2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 tsp of roasted garlic
1/2 cup of marsala wine
1 cup of reduced sodium chicken broth
1 tsp of flour
2 sprigs of fresh thyme-chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste

Begin by heating olive oil and garlic on medium high heat. Add onions. Cook until beginning to brown and onions are softened.


Add half of marsala wine, half of chicken broth, mushrooms, and thyme. Keep cooking as mixture reduces. Add flour.



Slowly add remaining marsala and chicken broth continuously scraping the bottom of the pan to release flavor.



Meanwhile, grill chicken tenderloins. I marinated mine in balsamic vinegar, marsala wine, and a splash of pure maple syrup.

Top chicken with mushroom and onion sauce and serve with your favorite veggie!


1 comment:

  1. I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great.
    I do not know who you are but definitely you're going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!
    My site : adwords

    ReplyDelete