Sunday, July 3, 2011

Quick & Light French Toast

This morning I woke up craving french toast, but I wasn't sure that I had the ingredients that I needed to make my favorite french toast. It turns out I didn't so here comes a recipe with a few substitutions, which actually lightens up the classic french toast recipe.



Ingredients
2 pieces of wheat bread
1/2 cup of egg whites (used carton egg whites)
Cinnamon and Sugar blend
1/4-1/2 tsp (depending on preference)Vanilla extract
Powdered Sugar
Light Butter
Sugar-Free syrup


Begin by drenching bread in mixture of egg whites, cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla. Then transfer to cook in pan. (Cook in 1 tsp of butter).


Flip when browned and cook on other side.


Top with butter, syrup, and lightly with powered sugar.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment