Thursday, May 19, 2011

1/2 way Homemade Coleslaw

My Birthday recent come and left, and my Dad got me this amazing Cuisinart 9-cup food processor. I have been dying to use it so I decided to use it to shredded my carrots and cabbage for homemade coleslaw.

Ingredients:
1 medium head of cabbage
2 carrots
1/2 jar of Marie's coleslaw dressing
Salt and Pepper

To start use two medium peeled carrots
 Use the shredding wheel and push the carrots down until they are all shredded.
 Place carrots in bowl
 Cut the bottom off the the cabbage and wedge so that it fits through the feeder
 Now add cabbage to bowl
 This is way it is only 1/2 way homemade, coleslaw is not the same without Marie's coleslaw dressing!
 Use half to 3/4 of the jar and salt and pepper and toss. Let set in the fridge for 2 hours.
 If needed you can add more dressing at this time. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment