Thursday, May 26, 2011

Chicken Parmesan Sandwich


I started by cutting one large boneless skinless chicken breast into 4 smaller and thinner pieces. I then coated the chicken breasts in a flour, salt, pepper, and oregano mixture. Then sauteing the chicken in 1 tbsp of olive oil. Cook on both sides until cooked fully.

I first topped with a thin layer of the Classico Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto sauce I had leftover from the other night, then with a bit of sauteed spinach.


I then added another layer of marinara sauce.


Finally I topped with shredded cheese. I used a Colby Jack mixture because this is what I had, but obviously mozzarella would be more appropriate.


After topping put under the broiler until cheese is bubbling and lightly browned. Then place on bread and enjoy. I toasted my bread and added a thin layer of the marinara sauce.



1 comment: