Thursday, May 19, 2011

Monkey Bread

Ingredients:
3 cans of home style biscuits make sure they are NOT the flaky ones
1 cup sugar
2-3 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup butter
1/2 brown sugar

 Quarter biscuits

 In a bowl or gallon size bag mix together cinnamon and sugar
 Add dough to mixture about 20-30 pieces at a time add make sure they are not sticking because you want the pieces to be evenly coated.
Put the lid on the bowl and shake until evenly coated and repeat until all the dough had been covered in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
I used a muffin tin but you can use a bunt pan too. In the pan place about 4-5 pieces into each cupcake holder. I put too many and I had an explosion of monkey bread. So you can make two batches. 
 Now melt butter and sugar in a pan.
 Whisking together until evenly combined
 Use a ladle to pour the mixture onto the dough
 Now bake for 20-30 minutes until fully cooked. You might have to check every 2-3 minutes after they have been cooking for 20 minutes. They should be soft but not doughy.
 Enjoy!
Preheat oven to 350

1 comment:

  1. I hate that I just had a heart attack reading this, but I STILL WANT IT bahhhhh

    ReplyDelete