Friday, June 17, 2011

Zucchini Pizza Bites and Strips with Summer Salad

I made this dinner with my Mom!!! The salad is actually all her :) Please excuse the terrible pictures I only had my phone since I wasn't cooking at home.



Ingredients

Pizza Sauce
Ricotta Cheese
Zucchini (cut 1/4 inch thick)
Part Skim Mozzarella
Olive Oil Spray 
Portabella Mushrooms- sliced
Yellow Onion- sliced
Garlic

Begin by sauteing garlic, onion, and mushroom together in 1 tbsp of olive oil.


Lightly spray zucchini with olive oil and broil for about 2 minutes on each side.


To prepare sauce mix together ricotta and pizza sauce and warm in a sauce pan. Then top zucchini bites and slices with sauce, cheese, and the mushroom/onion/garlic mixture.


Return to broiler and cook until cheese is browned.



Serve with a delicious and refreshing summer salad:

Ingredients
Baby Spinach
Cherry Tomatoes
Reduced Fat Feta Cheese
Watermelon
Red Onion
White Balsamic Vinegar
Olive Oil




No comments:

Post a Comment