Wednesday, April 20, 2011

BBQ and Chipotle Mushroom Quesadillas

Tonight I needed to keep it simple and easy so quesadillas it was! This is also vegetarian friendly, mushrooms are super hearty and a great meat replacement. I also use them in almost every meal it seems, haha.



I started off by mixing together 1tbs of tomato paste, 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce, 1 tbs of apple cider vinegar, and 1/4 tsp of chipotle pepper (could have added more to give it more heat).



Next sautee the mushrooms in olive oil. The gourmet blend was on sale at Publix for $2.50 so that is what I used. When the mushrooms have cooked add the sauce mixture. I ended up only using about 1/3 of the sauce mixture so add to your liking.



When the mushrooms have finished cooking in the sauce prepare a tortilla by sprinkling it with cheese. Then place mushroom mixture on one half of the quesadilla. Place on medium heat pan. Once cheese begins melting fold in half and flip to lightly brown both sides.



Finally, plate and enjoy with (or without) whatever condiments you would like. I used fat free sour cream :)



Suggested additions/changes: Using whole wheat tortillas, I was going to do this but I was on my phone in the grocery store and completely forgot them. I used plain flour tortillas in this recipe but I definitely plan on using whole wheat next time.
You can also add meat, but I needed a break from meat :)
Finally, I would suggest using more veggies. I planned on adding onion, but it turned out that I didn't have one. Also you can had bell peppers, or maybe even jalapenos if you really like it hot!

Thanks for reading/looking!!!

2 comments: