Thursday, April 14, 2011

Mediterranean Turkey Burgers Yummm :)

My favorite kind of burger is a turkey burger. I've got plenty of frozen turkey burger patties in the fridge but I was inspired to step out on a limb and try something fresh and new. Things always taste better when you know what goes in them and you know how fresh it is! So tonight I went to Publix and picked up some ground turkey breast, I emphasize the breast part because that's what actually makes this healthy. It's definitely worth a few extra bucks to get the turkey breast because it's 99% fat free!

My ingredients (keep in mind I usually make enough for 2 servings only):
1/2 pound of ground turkey breast
1/2 cup of sliced portabella mushrooms
1/4 cup of Marsala wine (to sautee mushrooms)
Olive Oil (to sautee mushrooms)
1 low-carb pita
1 clove of minced garlic
1/4 cup of panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup of feta cheese
1 tablespoon of minced onion
1/2 cup of spinach (for topping)
Condiments: ketchup and garlic mayo


Here are the ingredients that I used..


I then mixed together the turkey, garlic, bread crumbs, onion, and feta cheese and pattied into two burgers


I then put the burgers on the med-high temp grill. Meanwhile, I sauteed the mushrooms in marsala wine and olive oil


When the burgers were finished I cut one burger in half and then cut it lengthwise, so I actually only ate half of a burger


Finally I stuffed my halved pitas with my condiments, cooked mushrooms, spinach, and turkey burgers yummmm


This was definitely a delicious meal that I plan on repeating!

10 comments:

  1. wow those look great : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just talking to Uncle Steve...and I think avacado with mayo would be a great condiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I like that suggestion. I am always down for some avocado!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might do two, however we double for lunch the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well see two servings gets me dinner and lunch the next day since I am cooking for one

    ReplyDelete
  6. These were great. I made a mayo with Kraft Olive Oil Mayonnaise, Low-fat sour cream, cilantro, and garlic and we topped it with avocado. I will definitely make these again!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to make these tonight. I think I will use Linda's idea about the sour cream and cilantro. We're having fish tacos tomorrow so I can use the left overs on them....avocado too!

    Thanks for all the great dinner ideas girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made these last night and they were delicious! Riley wants me to bring him one for lunch today...uh uh there's only one left, he's gonna have to share it with me!

    ReplyDelete