Saturday, April 23, 2011

Creamy Chicken Apple Sausage Penne

Tonight I tackled making my own pasta sauce. I bought some amazing chicken apple sausage at Publix and wanted to use it in a Pasta. Of course I leave the heavy whipping cream usage to Colleen so I had to come up with an alternative on the lighter side.



For the sauce:
Sautee a diced onion in 1/2 cup of chicken broth (low sodium) until liquid begins to evaporate


Mix together 2 cups of skim milk to 1/3 cup of flour. Then add mixture to broth and cooking onions. Wisk to create a smooth sauce. Then add 1/3 cup of white wine, salt & pepper to taste, and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. I also decided to add some garlic infused olive oil (sautee garlic in olive oil and then add the oil into the sauce).


This is definitely a meal of multitasking, while making the sauce you need to heat the sausage (already fully cooked) in a pan with some olive oil. Then remove sausages and chop. While chopping sausage add apples and onions with some white wine.


Serve the sausage, apples, and onions over penne pasta tossed in the cream sauce. Enjoy!

1 comment: