Thursday, April 14, 2011

Chicken Caesar Salad

Tonight I had my heart and soul convinced that I was making Chicken Cordon Bleu and was going to Publix to get my $1.99 per/lb boneless skinless chicken breast that my sister mentioned yesterday. Come to find out, that sale ended yesterday. That would be my luck, and me shopping on a budget couldn't find it in me to pay $4.99 per/lb when yesterday they were $3 cheaper. Therefore, I settled, yes settled for Chicken Caesar Salad. Chicken tenders were also, $4.99 per/lb so I got the stir-fry chicken because they were perfect size for the salad. (And they were on sale for $2.99 per/lb and I had a $1 coupon!) This meal altogether cost me $6 and is super simple on a busy night or when other dinner plans fail.

Ingredients
 Marinate the chicken for about 30 minutes to an hour depending on how strong you want the flavor in your chicken.
 Pour chicken with marinade in a non-stick frying pan. Cook about 4 minutes on each side or until no long pink inside.
 These are amazing but the Dole Ultimate Caesar Kit knocks Fresh Express out of the water, but fresh express was BOGO, therefore my mind was made. Just mix everything in a bowl and toss with extra salad dressing if you like because they are a bit stingy in the the kit.
 Top salad with chicken and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Colleen, what is the marinade you used for the chicken?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a garlic and herb marinade you can find it at Aldi, well that's where I got it. Then I used the creamy Caesar salad dressing so it would give it a nice taste that went with the salad.

    ReplyDelete