Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Strawberry Fro Yo (AKA Frozen Yogurt)

This is for you Aunt Linda, Aunt Beth, and Mom. I am making something that is less than 100 calories a serving. But, I must warn you that one serving just won't do it!
Ingredients:
[makes about a quart of frozen yogurt]
2 cups Greek yogurt plain I used 0% you can use any that you like
3/4 cup honey
1/2 cup milk
11 regular-size strawberries (about 2/3 cup after pureeing with lemon juice and straining)
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream (optional)
 Puree strawberries and lemon juice in blender.

 Add yogurt and mix for 30 secs to a minute. Then add remaining ingredients and mix for one to two minutes.
 At this point you can choose to add heavy whipping cream. You can vary the amount of heavy whipping cream you can use more milk and not use heavy whipping cream but, it is just not the same without it. Just some suggestions for my family that eats nothing like I do :)
 Pour in to ice cream maker. And churn for 10-15 minutes.
 Soft serve Strawberry Fro Yo. You can add any toppings that you like! Hopefully more recipes to come.
You can eat ASAP of you can freeze they recommend freezing for 2-4 hours but I just could not resist it was so delicious and calling my name!!

2 comments: