Sunday, April 24, 2011

Honey Glazed Ham

Ingredients:
1 Fully cooked ham, spiral or not
1 cup of honey
1/2 cup of butter
3/4 of cup of brown sugar (I prefer Dark Brown because the color)
Preheat oven to 325
 Combine butter sugar and honey in a pot
 Bring to a simmer and make sure all ingredients combined.
 Line a pan that is atleast 1 inch think and line it good because you are going to have a mess if you don't. You can also make this in the crock pot.
 If using a spiral ham place like it is on the pan so the glaze can seep in between the slices. But if using a regular ham I recommend flat side down so that all sides get basted equally. 
 Baste the ham on all side equally. And put in oven.
 Pull ham out every 15-20 minutes to baste with glaze. I use a spoon and found it worked the best because there was enough glaze and there is not issue with not have enough :). Most hams cook for about 1 1/2 - 2 hours. The last baste put the oven on broil to caramelize the glaze.
 I forget to take a picture of the final one because I was in rush but I putted all of ham off the bone and poured the drippings that I had in the pan all over the pieces and it was an Easter success!

No comments:

Post a Comment